Pumpkin Lava Cobbler
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all the pumpkin desserts. I absolutely adore everything pumpkin. This Pumpkin Lava Cobbler is by far, one of my favorite pumpkin desserts of all time. This Pumpkin Lava Cobbler magically creates a delicious caramel sauce when you bake it. (Notice the caramel pooling at the bottom, oh yum!) Top it off with some ice cream or whipping cream, and welcome to pumpkin heaven.
This Pumpkin Lava Cobbler recipe does have some flexibility, and I have included the option to use whole wheat and make it vegan. Score!
This Pumpkin Lava Cobbler is best served hot, right out of the oven. If you don’t devour it immediately, if that’s even possible, warm it up before serving. To take this Pumpkin Lava Cobbler up a notch, add ice cream, whipping cream, or to keep it vegan- vegan ice cream or coconut whipped cream. Find a delicious coconut whipped cream recipe here.
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons All purpose Flour (Can use half whole wheat with stellar results.)
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar (Can reduce to ½ cup if preferred, I use organic cane sugar.)
- 1 heaping teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cloves
- ½ cup Pumpkin puree (Can use canned or fresh, not pumpkin pie filling.)
- ¼ cup Milk (I use Almond milk.)
- ¼ cup Melted butter or vegetable oil (I use coconut oil.)
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla
- ½ cup Granulated sugar (Again, I use organic cane sugar.)
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts (I don't like nuts in desserts, so I leave this out.)
- 1½ cups Hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. The batter is thick!
- Pour the batter into the casserole dish.
- Mix the sugars and nuts for the topping. Sprinkle on top of batter. Pour the hot water on top of the whole dish. DO NOT MIX!!
- Bake for 40 min, or until middle is set. This may boil over. Place tin foil or baking sheet underneath to catch any spills.
- Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!!
This recipe was adapted from here.